Why Should I Buy Homeowners/Renter Insurance from Johns Hopkins University?
House? Condo? Mobile home? Apartment? Wherever you live, you can take advantage of the Johns Hopkins University Homeowners/Renters Program's specially negotiated rates and discounts*. When you request a quote, you may discover that you could save hundreds of dollars over what you pay now. Here are six more reasons why the program may be best for you:
- Insurance for you—Not the world. Your home is as unique as you are-why should you settle for someone else's insurance? Johns Hopkins University has partnered with Mercer Voluntary Benefits to craft a homeowners/renter program designed just for colleagues like you. That means your unique needs are addressed the way no off-the-rack insurance can.
- Group rates available nowhere else—You get the advantage of the buying power of Johns Hopkins University. That means specially negotiated rates that are NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE—not even through any other company!
- Apply at any time—There is no waiting period for the Johns Hopkins University Homeowners/Renters Program. You can apply at any time during the year, regardless of how long you've been at Johns Hopkins University or when you started work.
- Switch at any time—If you get a better quote from the Johns Hopkins University Homeowners/Renters Program, you can start saving as soon as the next day.
- You can take it with you—Although this program is an advantage of your being a Johns Hopkins University employee, you can continue the policy without interruption if you ever leave the company.
- Talk with a real person—Our streamlined online process will let you know within minutes what discounts and other savings you qualify for. But if you have questions, you can get answers from a trained expert counselor with one FREE phone call: 1-866-795-9362, M-F, 8:00 am-8:00pm, Sat., 9:00am-1:00pm. EST/EDT.
- Specialty home insurance— including season homes, non-residential properties, rental homes, and more. We have coverage for almost anything you own, call for your free quote!
DISCLAIMER: These are voluntary benefit plans that Johns Hopkins University makes available to its employees through Mercer Voluntary Benefits. Johns Hopkins University does not contribute to any policy or service offered under the program. For those offerings that involve individual policies, Johns Hopkins University's responsibilities are limited to coordinating payroll deductions for premium payment and your contract for coverage will be with each insurance company or plan provider. For those offerings that involve group coverage, Johns Hopkins University's responsibilities are governed pursuant to the appropriate Master Policy provisions. You are under no obligation to purchase any of the voluntary policies or services offered through this site; you are also free to explore other options including purchase of policies or services directly from an insurance company or provider.
*The group discounts are not available from all carriers and only available to those who qualify. Coverages, discounts and billing options are subject to state availability, individual qualification and/or the insuring company’s underwriting guidelines.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to increased risk associated with coastal property locations, the availability of property insurance coverage may be limited. Underwriting considerations include proximity to tidal waters, year built, construction, elevation and modifications which may have been made to the structure, i.e. hurricane shutters. As with all policies purchased through this program, eligibility for coverage is subject to the insurers underwriting guidelines. Property coverage is not part of this offering in Florida.
Liberty Mutual Disclaimer:
Coverage provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates, 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA. Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. Certain discounts apply to specific coverages only. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten; not all applicants may qualify. The program cannot guarantee coverage. A consumer report from a consumer reporting agency and/or motor vehicle report, on all drivers listed on your policy, may be obtained where state laws and regulations allow. In TX, home insurance underwritten by Liberty Insurance Corporation and auto insurance underwritten by Liberty County Mutual Insurance Company, 2100 Walnut Hill Lane, Irving, TX. CA Department of Insurance license number: 0F52987. Liberty Mutual is an Equal Housing Insurer. ©2012 Liberty Mutual Insurance Company. All Rights Reserved.
MetLife Auto & Home is a brand of Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company and its affiliates: Metropolitan Casualty Insurance Company, Metropolitan Direct Property and Casualty Insurance Company, Metropolitan General Insurance Company, Metropolitan Group Property and Casualty Insurance Company, and Metropolitan Lloyds Insurance Company of Texas, all with administrative home offices in Warwick, RI. Coverage, rates, and discounts are available in most states to those who qualify. Met P&C®, MetCasSM, and MetGenSM, are licensed in Minnesota. ©2012 MetLife Auto & Home. L0310092594[exp0213][All States]
Safeco Insurance® policies are underwritten by Safeco Insurance Company of America and its affiliates, Safeco Plaza, Seattle, WA 98154. Coverages, discounts, and billing options are subject to state availability, individual qualification, and/or the insuring company’s underwriting guidelines. Group discount not available.
Travelers Insurance is underwritten by The Travelers Indemnity Company or one of its property casualty affiliates, One Tower Square, Hartford, CT 06183. In FL: Auto insurance policies are underwritten by First Floridian Auto and Home Insurance Company, The Travelers Home and Marine Insurance Company, or by The Travelers Commercial Insurance Company. In MA: Auto policies are underwritten by The Premier Insurance Company of Massachusetts (Premier), a single-state subsidiary of The Travelers Indemnity Company. Insurance offered through Premier is not guaranteed by The Travelers Indemnity Company or any other Travelers company. In TX: Auto insurance is offered by Travelers MGA, Inc. and underwritten by Consumers County Mutual Insurance Company (CCM). CCM is not a Travelers company. Coverages, discounts and billing options are subject to availability and individual eligibility. © 2012 The Travelers Indemnity Company. All rights reserved. Travelers and the Travelers Umbrella logo are registered trademarks of The Travelers Indemnity Company in the U.S. and other countries.
Mercer Health & Benefits Administration LLC receives compensation for services to provide this program. These services may include enrollments, ongoing servicing, billing, marketing, brokerage, customer administration and claim servicing and communications. Refer to www.jhuvoluntarybenefits.com or call us 1-866-795-9362 at for specific details.