What are my advantages for buying auto insurance here?
The Choice Auto Program is a special benefit for Johns Hopkins University. With this program you are eligible for six special advantages:
- Special group discounts** that are typically not available to the general public
- Additional discounts, based on the way you drive
- The comfort of being able to talk with a trained expert counselor who can answer all your questions
- The confidence of being protected by America’s most respected insurance companies—companies that are household names
- The convenience of being able to switch your policy right on the phone—even if your current policy hasn’t expired
- The satisfaction of knowing that if you switch or not, you’re getting the best deal at the best rates
- If you need specialty auto insurance, including collector cars, boats, ATVs and more. We have coverage for almost anything you own. Please ask when you call!
Note: Every driver is different. Coverages, discounts and billing options are subject to state availability, individual qualifications and/or the insuring company’s underwriting guidelines.
How easy can I get a quote?
As easily as picking up a phone or clicking your mouse. You can:
- Make a FREE phone call to speak with a trained, American-based expert counselor. If the quote you get is better than what you’re paying now, you can switch right on the phone.
- Visit our secure online Quick Quote Center, with helpful tips and easy-to-understand explanations.
When would my new coverage begin?
Almost immediately, if you like! In most cases your auto insurance can start the day after you apply for the coverage over the phone. If you want your new coverage to start sooner rather than later, you can get temporary insurance cards by fax. Your permanent cards will be mailed to you.
These are voluntary benefit plans that Johns Hopkins University makes available to its employees through Mercer Voluntary Benefits. Johns Hopkins University does not contribute to any policy or service offered under the program. For those offerings that involve individual policies, Johns Hopkins University's responsibilities are limited to coordinating payroll deductions for premium payment and your contract for coverage will be with each insurance company or plan provider. For those offerings that involve group coverage, Johns Hopkins University's responsibilities are governed pursuant to the appropriate Master Policy provisions. You are under no obligation to purchase any of the voluntary policies or services offered through this site; you are also free to explore other options including purchase of policies or services directly from an insurance company or provider.
*Savings are not guaranteed for all faculty, staff and bargaining unit members $639.61 average reported savings of those who reported their prior premium and, through Mercer Voluntary Benefits, switched to several carriers auto insurance programs between 06/04/14 and 06/04/16. In MA, savings message is not applicable to Travelers.
**The group discounts are not available from all carriers and only available to those who qualify. Coverages, discounts and billing options are subject to state availability, individual qualification and/or the insuring company’s underwriting guidelines.
Mercer Health & Benefits Administration LLC receives compensation for services to provide this program. These services may include enrollments, ongoing servicing, billing, marketing, brokerage, customer administration and claim servicing and communications. Refer to www.jhuvoluntarybenefits.com or call us 1-866-795-9362 at for specific details.
Click here for carrier disclaimers